Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 60 (Kickapoo River Bridge to US 61), Bridgeport - Crawford County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) plans to resurface this 8.33-mile stretch of WIS 60. This project is needed to treat existing pavement distresses and is part of WisDOT's Highway Safety Improvement Program. The intent of this project is to extend the pavement's service life and decrease the potential for crossing centerline and roadway departure crashes along this corridor.
Additional improvements include:
- Milling and removing 2 ½ inches of existing asphalt pavement.
- Increasing shoulder width to 6 feet (5 feet paved, 1 foot aggregate.) This work will not extend beyond the existing gravel shoulder except as specified below.
- Adding centerline and shoulder rumble strips.
- Potential upgrades to existing guardrail and cross culverts. Work (if performed) in these areas may extend beyond the existing roadway width, but will not exceed the existing right-of-way.
- Paving 3 inches of new asphalt pavement.
- November 2022 - Public Involvement input
- 2027 - Construction anticipated
Road will remain open under flagging operations.
Paul Valenti, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969