Drunken driving resources
- AAA Foundation for Highway Safety
The AAA Foundation for Traffic
Safety provides traffic-safety related information and resources
including articles on impaired driving.
- Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
Website provides a number of
articles on broad topics and a state-by-state summary of traffic safety
laws and proposed legislation.
- Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest Law Enforcement Action Kit
Provides information for law enforcement and others in utilizing various media components during highway safety campaigns.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Highway Loss Institute
The Insurance Institute for
Highway Safety and the Highway Loss Data Institute are independent,
nonprofit, research and communications organizations funded by auto
insurers and dedicated to reducing highway crash deaths, injuries, and
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
A non-profit group with more
than 600 chapters nationwide, MADD focuses on "effective solutions to
the drunk driving and underage drinking problems, while supporting those
who have already experienced the pain of these senseless crimes."
- National Commission Against Drunk Driving
The mission of the National
Commission Against Drunk Driving is to serve as the premier national,
independent and unifying force among public and private sectors in order
to advance effective solutions to the drunk driving problem. A wide
variety of self help resources and a listing of Wisconsin treatment
facilities are available.
- National Hardcore Drunk Driving Project
Providing a comprehensive
resource for state legislators, local policy makers, highway safety
officials, law enforcement officers, judges, prosecutors, community
advocates, and treatment professionals to effectively deal with hardcore
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
NHTSA provides research and
information on a national basis on a variety of traffic safety topics
including impaired driving for all 50 states.
- Rutgers University Center of Alcohol Studies, Alcohol Studies Database
This site provides access to the
Alcohol Studies Database which contains over 80,000 citations for
journal articles, books, book chapters, dissertations, conference
papers, and audio-visual materials including those from Wisconsin.