Fly Wisconsin participation rules
RULES of the Passport Program
- Fly Safe! Always conduct adequate pre-flight activities to ensure your flight can be conducted safely. For example, confirm airport condition prior to flight, especially at privately-owned airports.
- This program is open to all pilots and their passengers. Participants are not required to be Wisconsin residents.
- Be aware of Airport CTAF numbers as some are required to gain entrance into a terminal.
- When visiting a qualifying airport, attraction or FAA safety seminar, participants must obtain a stamp or signature in their passport. All stamps must be made in the appropriate location in the passport. No stamps may be made on any other document and later placed in the passport.
- Pilots may attend FAA Safety Seminars online or in person. Find events, stay informed, register and log-in on: faasafety.gov contact the Flight Standards District Office for more information. If the course is taken online, fill in the course name, date and instructor’s name on the signature line. You may also be asked to provide a copy of your FAA Safety Team Accredited Activity history.
- Awards and recognition will be made at the annual Wisconsin Aviation Conference.
- There is no deadline for completing the passport program as long as the program remains in operation.
- The program will be adjusted as necessary to accommodate new public-use airports as well as airport closures. For a current listing of participating airports click here.