WINNDOT cross-border permit portal

Wisc​onsin permits are currently unavailable from the GotPermits website.

​​We are working to get the GotPermits website updated to incorporate the changes Wisconsin made to their new system.

Save time! In a single online application, apply for an oversize/overweight permit for both Wisconsin and Minnesota!

Single trip and single trip mobile homes permits can be ordered through the WINNDOT Portal.

The WINNDOT Portal can save time by allowing a single application to be submitted to Minnesota and Wisconsin simultaneously. In the WINNDOT Portal, you also have access to states using the Got​Permits Portal.

Other benefits include the ability to copy applications, save routes, and manage vehicles.

A fee of $6 for each permit, plus 3% processing/handling, is charged in addition to any applicable state fees.

To get started, launch application:

WINNDOT Cross-Border Permit Portal

If you have questions:

Oversize-Overweight Permits

Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Bureau of Highway Maintenance
P.O. Box 7980
Madison WI 53707-7980
Phone: (608) 266-7320