There may be occasions when road tests are scheduled during non-business hours. When this occurs, our offices will not be open to the public, and processing of any driver license or vehicle registration products cannot be done. Check the
DMV customer service centers for a complete listing of the days and times when our offices are open to the public.
- If you are new to Wisconsin, you need to go to your nearest DMV customer service center to start the application process before you can make an appointment. Acceptable documentation of
legal presence, name and date of birth, identity and Wisconsin residency are required.
- You must hold a valid instruction permit.
- You may only schedule an appointment up to 11 weeks in advance. Due to uncertain staffing, we cannot schedule appointments any further in advance.
- Appointments fill up quickly. The system indicates "No appointments available" when all appointments are filled. New appointments are added periodically throughout the week.
- When you schedule an appointment through the online system, you will be prompted to enter the following items:
- Your driver license or ID card number or social security number
- Your date of birth
- Your zip code on file with the department
- To receive a confirmation and reminder of your appointment, an e-mail address or cell phone number with texting is required
- You can schedule, reschedule, cancel or verify a road test appointment through this online system.
- To reschedule, access the online system at the link below to look for another appointment. Your current appointment will not be canceled until you confirm your new appointment.
- The fee for a driving skills test (road test) is $15.00 (passed test, failed test, failure to appear for a test or a test canceled with less than 24-hour notice)
- If you cannot keep your appointment, you need to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have held your Instruction Permit for at least six months, have no violations within the past six months and have at least 30 hours of driving practice. You will also be required to have a Driver Education Course Completion on file with the DMV. The school must submit your course completion electronically to the DMV.
If you are experiencing difficulty in scheduling a road test appointment in your preferred area, please be advised that new appointment slots are added daily. Customers are encouraged to return to the website to review what new opportunities may be available for scheduling.
Schedule, cancel, verify or reschedule road test appointment
This service may not be available Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.
Schedule, cancel, verify or reschedule motorcycle test appointment
For more information: