Divisible load permits begin with any of the following: AC, AG, FF, MI, PB, PS, RF or RS.
Overweight travel suspended
Travel under overweight multiple trip divisible load permit types is suspended during spring thaw. Only the weight provision of these permits is suspended. Over length loads, as authorized by the permit, may continue to be transported.
Permit suspension exceptions
PS permit - seed potato:
- PS (seed potato) permit is not suspended during the declared spring thaw period unless the suspension specifically includes seed potato permits.
RS permit - raw forest products (98,000 pounds on 6-axles):
WisDOT is the exclusive issuing authority for RS permits per Wis. Stats. s.
- Wis. Stats. s.
348.27(9m)(a)4. authorizes the transport of “raw forest products”.
- Raw forest products are defined in Wis. Stats. s.
- RS permits authorize:
- GVW of 98,000 lbs. in vehicle combinations with six or more axles.
- No axle may exceed the axle weights set in Wis. Stats. s.
- RS permits are not valid on Interstate highways per Wis. Stats. s.
- Travel is allowed on the I-41 corridor, as defined by Wis. Stats. s.
- Travel is allowed on the portion of the I-39 corridor between STH 34 in the town of Knowlton and STH 29 south of the city of Wausau.
- RS permits are valid during spring thaw, per Wis. Stats. s.
- Vehicle combinations are authorized to exceed any posted special weight limitation imposed on state trunk and connecting highways.
- Vehicle combinations must obey posted weight limitations on local highways.
Non-seasonal roadway postings (none at this time)
RS Permit Condition Sheet
For more information related to Class II or posted roadways, contact the
regional representative in your area.