Driving in foreign countries with a Wisconsin driver’s license

If you intend to drive in a foreign country with your Wisconsin driver license, it is strongly recommended that you carry an International Driving Permit. The International Driving Permit is translated into the nine official languages of the United Nations--including English--and can be useful in emergencies such as traffic violations or auto accidents, particularly when a foreign language is involved.

EmailWisconsin DMV email service​​​