To title and/or register a homemade motorcycle, one that has never been titled/registered and meets statute 341.268(1)(b)2., submit the following items:
- Completed and signed Wisconsin Title & License Plates form
MV1 (make a copy for your records)
- All applicable fees for title, registration, taxes, etc.
- Check or money order made payable to: Registration Fee Trust
- The original Certificate(s) of Origin, title and/or bills of sale for all major components.
- Major components include, but are not limited to, the frame, engine and transmission.
- Bills of sale for all parts purchased for $150 or greater.
- Photos of the complete/assembled motorcycle from all four sides.
Upon receipt of a complete application, we will send you instructions on how to make an appointment for an inspection on the motorcycle with the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Upon completion of a passed MV4061 Motorcycle Inspection Certification, the inspector will return the forms to our department. Once the motorcycle has passed the inspection, you can operate the motorcycle.
Mail the application and items listed to:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
PO Box 8070
Madison WI 53708-8070