You may only use this service to purchase your own driver record, not the driver record of anyone else.
You will be required to enter your email address within this application.
This system will email the driver record to you. Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher is required to view and print your driver record. You will not be mailed an abstract.
You cannot cancel an online transaction nor receive a refund once the transaction is completed. Please verify that you have entered the information correctly, prior to completing payment information.
You will be charged $5 for each record.
If an address change is needed, you must
change your addressprior
to beginning your driver record request.
To use this online application
- You must currently hold (or have previously held) a Wisconsin driver license or identification card.
Wisconsin driver record abstract (driving record)
- Contains your driving history for a specific period of time.
- Most entries remain on your record for five years, except for serious offenses or alcohol related convictions which remain on your record for 55 years.
To request your driver record online you need:
- If available, your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and date of birth.
- If you do not know your driver license or identification card number, you will need to enter your proper name including first, last and middle initial, your complete Social Security number and date of birth.
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express)
- For credit or debit card payments, your account will be charged a $5 fee for the copy of the driver record and
Note: Once the online transaction is completed you cannot cancel the transaction, nor receive a refund.
ID card information and certain information on juveniles (such as convictions or withdrawals for juvenile alcohol and truancy) are confidential and will otherwise only be released to courts, law enforcement and, in some cases, parents or guardians. If you want this information to appear on your driver record abstract, you will need to submit a Driver Record Information Request form
MV2896 and provide the following:
- Statement requesting the confidential information be included on your abstract
- Your name
- Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
Certified copies for courts
- This application does not certify records for use in court proceedings.
- If you need a certified copy of your vehicle record, please complete the Vehicle/Driver Record Information Request form MV2896 and submit it along with the appropriate fee to the address listed on the form.
Note: The Driver Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) is enforced by the U.S. Department of Justice, which may seek civil and criminal penalties for improperly obtaining, disclosing or using personal information from a motor vehicle record for a purpose not permitted by the DPPA. In addition, private citizens may also seek civil damages in Federal Court. You must complete the Vehicle/Driver Record Information Request form
MV2896 to purchase the driver record of someone other than you.
This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.
Begin driver record request
For more information: