DMVs are open for all driver license and ID card customers. Driver licenses can be
renewed online for most customers. All vehicle transactions must be done
online, by mail or
3rd party agents. Vehicle emission extensions have expired. As of August 1, you are required to pass an emission test before renewing your registration.
Before attempting to request your vehicle records online:
- You cannot cancel an online transaction or receive a refund once the transaction is completed.
- You will
not be mailed an abstract. You must download your vehicle record abstract using
Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
- You will be charged $5.00 for each record, plus a
- This application does not provide historical records or certify records for use in court proceedings. If you need a copy of a vehicle record from when you owned the vehicle or a certified record, please complete the Vehicle/Drive Record Information Request form MV2896 and submit along with the appropriate fee to the address listed on the form.
To use this online application you must know the complete vehicle identification number (VIN) of your vehicle. Your request for a copy of your vehicle record is NOT complete until you have submitted payment and receive a confirmation message at the end of the payment transaction.
You will need the following items to obtain a copy of your vehicle record through this online system:
- If available, your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number, the last four digits of your social security number, and date of birth.
- If you do not know your driver license or identification card number, you will need to enter your proper name including first, last and middle initial, your complete social security number, and date of birth.
- The complete VIN of the vehicle.
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express).
This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.