WisDOT completed a safety improvement project on US 18 (Bluemound Rd.) from Barker Rd. to Moorland Rd. during the summer of 2008.
The project incorporated the following changes on Bluemound Road:
- Moving the Marcus Drive traffic signal to Jennifer Drive
- Restricting median openings to limit left-turns along the corridor
- Upgrading signal equipment, timing and coordination throughout the corridor
- Increasing signal visibility
- Upgrading all signing and pavement markings
WisDOT obtained federal, state and local funding to help improve safety on this roadway. Local funding was used to install local street name signs onto the traffic signal poles.
The project team met with citizens, businesses and local municipalities throughout the entire project to obtain input and listen to concerns.