WisDOT Loan Mobilization Guaranty Program is designed to help disadvantaged business enterprises obtain working capital after the DBE firm is awarded a DOT subcontractor from a WisDOT prime contractor or professional consultant. The DBE firms must apply for a loan at any bank or
Community Development Financial Institution (CDFIs In Wisconsin) of their choice. CDFIs are specialized community based financial institutions that provide financial products and services to people and communities underserved by traditional financial institutions, particularly in low income communities. After the loan is approve by the bank, credit union or CDFI, the prime and DBE will sign a joint check agreement for the bank and the guaranty is then issued by the American Indian Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin (AICCW).
For additional program information please contact:
Civil Rights Urban Outreach Specialist
Gary Mejchar, AICCW Representative –
Bill Beson, FACC Representative –
- Each loan is collateralized by a single WisDOT contract or subcontract.
- A qualified participant may receive guarantees of up to 90% of the loan amount.
- Each loan cannot exceed 50% of the prime contractor subcontract amount.
- Terms of the loan is for six months, which can be extended for another six months.
- Loans to any DBE may not exceed $100,000 at any given time.
- Loan proceeds are used as working capital necessary to mobilize a WisDOT project.
- Joint paychecks will be issued to lender and DBE until loan is paid in full.
- Any Wisconsin bank or credit union is eligible to get this guarantee for loans granted under the program.
- WisDOT or consultant follows up with lending institution and DBE on a regular basis until loan is repaid.
View the brochure for the Loan Mobilization Guaranty Program
“WisDOT loan guaranty helped Arrow Crete during critical times in improving our cash flow. The application process in its current setup having a third independent party assisting DBEs in going through the application is excellent, because when one bank denied us, the Disadvantage Business Enterprise Supportive Service (DBESS) consultant was able to identify other banks for us to do business with.”
Ann Neshek, Vice President, Arrow Crete Inc.
“In general, construction firms are difficult to finance because of their repayment risks and timing of the cash flows. Having a loan guaranty program provided by WisDOT, for DBEs, it diminishes the difficulties of timing differences between needing working capital and collecting receivables, and from the bank’s perspective, it’s easier to approve the loan application.”
Paul Farrelly, President-Commercial Lending, Community Bank and Trust
“WisDOT loan guaranty program has helped DAAR Engineering tremendously, we would not have been able to grow to where our company is today without it. As our company participated in the Marquette Interchange project, this loan guaranty was a very important component in developing and growing our business capacity.”
Abdul Hamid Ali, President, DAAR Engineering Inc.
“When Bloom Consultants was growing rapidly, hiring additional staff and our receivable was coming in rather slow, WisDOT loan guaranty program helped us in paying our payroll and bills on time. With the start of the Marquette Interchange project, the guaranty program is a necessity for DBEs such as ours to assist us with our cash flow.”
Matthew Tharaniyil, Owner, Bloom Consultants LLC.