DBE Inflationary Adjustment
View public notice
Please see the attached Final Rule published in the Federal Register on December 14, 2020, applicable to the Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) program. The rule, effective January 13, 2021: (1) provides an inflation adjustment to the size limit on small businesses participating in the DBE program under 49 CFR Part 26; and (2) implements a statutory change to the size standard pursuant to the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018.
- The statutory gross receipts cap for certified DBEs specified in 49 CFR §26.65, is adjusted for inflation from $23.98 million to $26.29 million. This adjustment applies to the DBE program only. If a firm’s gross receipts averaged over the firm’s previous three fiscal years exceeds $26.29 million, then it exceeds the small business size limit for participation in FHWA and FTA-assisted work under the Department’s DBE program. A DBE firm must still meet the size standard(s) appropriate to the type(s) of work the firm seeks to perform in DOT-assisted contracts. These standards vary by industry according to the NAICS code(s) defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- The attached rule is not applicable to firms applying for, or that are certified as, Airport Concession DBEs (ACDBEs) under 49 CFR Part 23. As of January 13, 2021, the gross receipts cap does not apply for the purpose of determining a DBE’s eligibility for FAA-assisted projects. DBE firms working on FAA-assisted projects must meet the size standard(s) appropriate to the type(s) of work based solely on the applicable NAICS code(s) size standard(s).
Dated December 14, 2020
Contact: If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program goals for DBE participation covers three modal administrations:
The three modal DBE goals contain component goals, as well as how the goals will be met by race-conscious (meaning assigned goal) and/or by race-neutral (meaning voluntary efforts).
The detailed goal information, breakdowns and rationale will be available for inspection and upon request (see contact information below).
Wisconsin Department of Transportation [WisDOT] Proposed Annual DBE Goals for Federal Highway Funded Contracts for October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2023 & Request for Report Feedback and Evidence of Ongoing Discrimination
This memorandum communicates the department’s preliminary calculations report outlining the proposed Triennial Disadvantaged Business Enterprise [DBE] Participation Goal for Wisconsin Department of Transportation contracts funded with federal dollars to be executed in federal fiscal years 2021, 2022, and 2023. This DBE Goal Proposal is presented to the public for review, comment, and the addition of evidence or data documenting the ongoing effects of discrimination in Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s contracting environment.
Please note, the public comment period closed July 31, 2020.
This DBE Goal percentage is calculated to reflect the relative availability of Wisconsin’s DBE certified firms and DBE certification-eligible firms who specialize in transportation-related work types.
WisDOT’s projected DBE goal calculation is 12.41% for October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2023.
We strongly encourage you to review our proposal and submit any evidence of ongoing discrimination in Wisconsin Department of Transportation contract administration activities during this public review period.
According to the USDOT’s guidance on DBE program implementation, WisDOT must provide opportunity for your feedback and evidence which may include:
- Comments on this report, methodology, proposed goals, and WisDOT’s contracting practices
- Documentation of the effects of discrimination in financial markets
- Any data relevant to DBEs’ ability or opportunity to participate on contracts
2020 - 2022 Transit DBE Goal
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation, in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation, 49 CFR Part 26, has established an overall three-year transit goal for 2020-2022 of 1.85% with a 0.22% race conscious, 1.63% race neutral split.
The goal is for DBE participation on contracts assisted by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) awarded by WisDOT and its subrecipients. Progress toward goal achievement is monitored throughout the year. In some instances, a separate contract goal may be established to assist in attaining the overall goal. Additional information is available on the
DBE Goal Public Notice Bureau of Aeronautics for FFY 2017-19
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation, 49 CFR Part 26, hereby announces its three year aviation FFY 2017-2019 goal of 6.04% for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) airport construction projects. The goal is for DBE participation on contracts assisted by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The proposed goals and rationale is available for public inspection at its Hill Farms State Office Bldg., Bureau of Aeronautics between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for 30 days following the publication of this notice.
DBE Goal Public Notice for FFY 2017-19
Written comments pertaining to this goal should be sent to the attention of:
WisDOT – Aeronautics Equal Rights Officer
4802 Sheboygan Ave, Rm 701
Madison, WI 53707-7914
Tel: (608) 264-7607
Fax: (608) 267-6748