State highway detour permits

Detour sign pointing rightA permit is required when a municipality needs to detour a state highway for a special event such as a parade. Fill out and submit form DT1479, Application by Municipality for Permission to Detour State Highway Traffic, to one of the regional traffic engineering staff listed below. Municipal utilities should also use this form when needed. 

See transportation region offices to view region boundaries by county.

Regional traffic engineering staff

​​​Associated Wisconsin law

Visit the links below for Wisconsin law associated with utilities and permitting on state right of way.