Utility permits on WisDOT railroad property

WSOR train
Photo Credit: Mark W. Hintz

For utility work on WisDOT railroad property, a permit is required under Trans 29. Fill out and submit form ​ DT2036, ​Application/permit to Construct, Operate and Maintain Utility Facilities on Wisconsin Department of Transportation Railroad Property, along with the associated plans​/drawings and required fee to the appropriate regional r​ailroad ​coordinat​or listed below.

Regional railroad coordinators

Southwest Region

For counties of: Dane, Dodge, Green, Jefferson, Lafayette, and Rock

Teri Beckman
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
(608) 733-1923

For counties of:  Columbia, Crawford, Grant, Iowa, Juneau, La Crosse, Monroe, Richland, Sauk, and Vernon

Scott Willinger
3550 Mormon Coulee Rd
La Crosse, WI 54601
(608) 799-8697​

Southeast Region​

For counties of: Kenosha, Ozaukee, Milwaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, and Waukesha

Jason Kazmierski​
141 NW Barstow Street
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 548-6700

Rachel Nuetzel
141 NW Barstow Street
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 548-59​​31​

Northwest Region

For counties of: Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Clark, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, Sawyer, Taylor, Trempealeau, and Washburn

Anna Davey
1701 North 4th Street
Superior, WI 54880
(715) 392-7960

North Central and Northeast Regions

For counties of: Adams, Brown, Calumet, Door, Florence, Fond du Lac, Forest, Green Lake, Iron, Kewaunee, Langlade, Lincoln​​, Manitowoc, Marathon, Marinette, Marquette, Menominee​, Oconto, Oneida, Outagamie, Portage, Price, Shawano, Sheboygan, Vilas, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, and Wood

Debbie Sassen
944 Vanderperren Way​​
Green Bay, WI 54304
(920) 492-5988

​For non-utility work or uses, a Temporary Authorization ​Permit (TAP)​ or Offer to Use is required. Contact Kim Tollers for more information.

​​​Associated Wisconsin law

Visit the links below for Wisconsin law associated with utilities and permitting on state right of way.