The WisDOT issues titles and/or registration (license plates) for five vehicle types:
- Autocycle (AUCY) - includes autocycles only
- Automobile (AUTO) – passenger vehicles
- Motorcycle (CYCL) – includes motorcycles, trikes and mopeds
- Trailer (TRLR) – includes semi and gross weight trailers
- Truck (TRUK) – includes heavy trucks, pick-ups, vans and most SUVs*
*SUVs (sport utility vehicles) are built on a truck chassis but can be registered as an automobile when more than 50% of the internal capacity is dedicated to seating.
The list of reports below have been compiled for the five vehicle types based on the description listed for the calendar and fiscal year.
Prior years' lists of vehicle information
Lists of new vehicle registrations
Helpful links for reports
For reports older than the dates listed above please contact DOTDMVDataContract@dot.wi.gov, provide the report number and fiscal/calendar year.
WisDOT has established a new partnership with Wisconsin Interactive Network (WIN) LLC for the delivery of WisDOT’s vehicle record bulk files. If you are interested in obtaining any of these files, please contact WIN directly at
email@example.com. They will provide you with the list of reports available, a contract and other paperwork needed to begin receiving the requested files.