Bid Express® eSubmit Training Overview
Bid Express® service at
Bidx.com® and submitting DBE Commitments electronically at time of bid. If you were unable to attend, additional information can be found at
infotechinc.com/bidx. You can also find a
session recording (Access Passcode: Y3i8S=yc).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at
Notice: eSubmit Option for DBE Supplemental Documentation Submission
Notice: Bid Express updates (June 9, 2021)
- Beginning with the
July 13, 2021 Letting, bidders will be able to submit DBE Commitments directly in Bid Express. This replaces the requirement to attach Form DT1506 (Commitment to Subcontract to DBE) with bid*
- Attachments A or Quotes for DBEs listed on the commitment are required as attachments to the bid
- Form DT1202 (Documentation of Good Faith Effort) and supporting documentation is required if the DBE goal is not met, within 24-hours of bid closing. Submit via eSubmit (preferred) or
- Submit Attachments A not included at bid within 24-hours of bid closing via eSubmit (preferred) or
- Please contact Madalena Maestri,
email@example.com, with questions
*Bidders will have the ability to attach Form DT1506 with bid until further notice. For proposals with Discretionary goals, submit DBE documentation using Form DT1506 & Attachment A via eSubmit within 24-hours of bid closing to assure DBE attainment is applied to the overall goal.
**Form DT1202 is no longer required as an attachment to the bid. If the DBE goal is not met, submit DT1202 as described above.
ASP-3 GFE Training
We request your participation in a virtual session focusing on GFE (Good Faith Effort) for ASP-3. Learn more about GFE requirements including documentation needed, how GFE is evaluated, and how DBE commitments are reviewed.
We are offering 2 opportunities to participate in this event. Click Register next to the one that best fits your schedule.
This event requires registration. After you register, you'll receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join the event.
ASP-3 GFE Training Presentation
Madalena Maestri, EdD
DBE Program Chief
Office of Business Opportunity & Equity Compliance
Division of Transportation System Development
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Office : 608-267-2093
Cell : 608-509-8212
Fax : 608-267-3641
DT1506 - Ready for use with the February 2021 Letting
NOTICE - Extension of ASP-3 soft launch – DBE documentation at bid
The soft launch for ASP-3 has been extended. Full implementation with regards to the submittal of the DBE documentation at the time of bill will now occur with the May 11, 2021, Letting.
- Bidders are expected to submit documentation according to this timeline, however, bids will NOT be found non-responsive in January, February, March and April in relation to errors with documentation submission.
- DT1506 (Commitment to Subcontract to DBE) and Attachments A OR DBE quotes for DBEs included on the commitment are submitted as attachments with the bid on Tuesday of the letting
- DT1202 (Documentation of Good Faith Effort) is submitted with the bid on Tuesday of the letting if the DBE goal has not been met
- Attachments A (if not submitted with the bid) and DT1202 Supplemental Materials are submitted to the DBE_Alert@dot.wi.gov mailbox by Wednesday 11 a.m. following the let
- Email subject line naming conventions: Company, proposal number, Attachment A or DT1202 supplemental
During the soft launch extension for the DBE document submittal, the other components of ASP-3 are in effect. Review the provision to ensure you are aware of the requirements. Focus particular attention on:
- Good Faith Effort evaluation and use of the rubric
- DBE Commitment Modification Policy
Please contact: Madalena Maestri at
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Nov. 6, 2021 – BidX Training:
We recently held two 90-minute training sessions to share more about the online bidding process through
BidX. The sessions focused on:
Downloading and handling the files (ebsx, .001x, dbe.bin, agency attachments)
- Filling out the bid file ahead of time and submitting an early bid (DBE Commitment/DT1506 tab, file attachments)
- What to do if an issue comes up with the bid file (check bid errors, red indicators, file attachment issues)
- Contacting WisDOT or Bidx.com customer support for help
See updated bidding instructions
If you were unable to attend, additional information can be found at
infotechinc.com/bidx. You can also
view a recording of the session (Access Passcode: y0@gzM@^).