The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from, participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, religion, income status or limited English proficient (LEP) in any and all programs, activities or services administered by WisDOT in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related nondiscrimination authorities.
Any programs or activities that receive federal transit funding must comply with Title VI requirements and the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA). Any agency receiving federal dollars either directly from FTA (Federal Transit Administration), indirectly through WisDOT or both, must:
- Promote full and fair participation in transportation decision-making without regard to race, color or national origin.
- Ensure meaningful access to transit-related programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
- Ensure the level and quality of transportation service is provided in a nondiscriminatory manner
- Prepare and submit a Title VI/ADA Plan.
- Submit plans electronically to Becky Soderholm, email@example.com, (608) 266-1650.
Other helpful resources