DMVs are open for all driver license and ID card customers. Driver licenses can be
renewed online for most customers. All vehicle transactions must be done
online, by mail or
3rd party agents.
If your Certificate of Vehicle Registration or license plate sticker needs to be replaced because it has been lost, stolen, destroyed, or damaged, you can obtain a duplicate:
To order online, you need:
- To be the registered owner, lessee or driver of the vehicle (must be an individual, not a business)
- A valid email address
- Your Wisconsin driver license or identification card number
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Your date of birth
- The vehicle identification number (VIN) for the vehicle needing the duplicate Certificate of Registration or sticker
DMV Customers may request a replacement sticker
Certificate of Vehicle Registration
In addition to the information above, you will also need a valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or ACH (Automated Clearing House) payment through your checking/savings accounts (eCheck - automated withdrawal from your bank accounts) to order a replacement Certificate of Vehicle Registration online.
- For ACH payments, you account will be charged a $2 application fee
- For credit or debit card payments, your account will be charged a $2 application fee and a convenience fee
Orders that include a license plate sticker will be mailed to the address you request.
Orders without a sticker will be produced as a PDF for you to print. The PDF also will be emailed to you. Therefore, you will need:
- A printer with standard white 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - The Certificate of Registration is produced as a PDF for you to print. It will not be mailed
Once the online transaction is completed, you cannot cancel it or receive a refund. Verify that you have entered the information correctly before completing payment information. If your registration is expired, or is due for renewal and you want to renew the registration now, use the online license plate renewal application.
This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.
Order your certificate of registration now.
Complete a Duplicate Certificate of Registration Application form MV2026 and mail it with $2 to the address on the form.