Most heavy vehicle registration plates expire at three-month intervals or annually in December. Two stacked letters are stamped on the left. The top letter on the left indicates the
registered gross weight. They receive a combined month and year sticker. Place the sticker to the right of the plate number. See also
Farm trucks and trailers.
Applicable plate types:
- Apportioned (IRP)* - APO
- Tractor - TOR
- Trailer (Heavy) - TRL
- Trailer (Transferable) - TRL
- Truck (Heavy) - HTK
* Apportioned vehicle (IRP) plates receive a weight sticker only.
These registration plates also receive a restricted use sticker, which is placed above the month/year sticker.
- Farm truck tractors
- Vehicles transporting bulk liquid dairy products
- Vehicles transporting raw forest products
- Grading, ditching, excavating or hauling vehicles
- Special mobile equipment