To quality for white arrow boards:
- The facility must be open to the public.
- Lodging facilities must have three or more units that are available for less than 30-day rental period.
- The facility must have the appropriate operating licenses to receive, maintain, or renew a permit.
Qualifying facilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Animal shelters
- Athletic fields, facilities
- Country clubs
- Cruises, boats
- Golf courses
- Exhibition, exposition center
- Horseback riding
- Hotel, motel, bed and breakfast
Facilities that DO NOT qualify include:
- Animal hospitals or game farms
- Barber, beauty shops
- Clinics, health clubs, hospitals
- Post offices
- Private clubs
- Sales, retail, wholesale
To Obtain white arrow boards
- Complete and submit
Form DT 1903 to the WisDOT Region Traffic Signing contact for your area.
- Facilities that qualify for white arrow boards will receive a list of qualified sign manufacturers. Contact as many manufacturers as you wish to get the best price.
- Bring or ship the signs to the county highway department and provide a check for $250/sign payable to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (installation fee).
- The county highway department will install the signs.
The White Arrow Board program is self-funded. No state or federal funds support the program. All manufacturing and installation costs are paid by applicants.
Total costs include sign fabrication (costs will vary depending on chosen manufacturer) and installation costs ($250/sign with new 4x6 wood posts). Installation fees are payable to Wisconsin Department of Transportation and are due when the signs are dropped off or shipped to the installing county.
Frequently Asked Questions