DMV is temporarily suspending road testing (Class D automobile) due to heightened concerns regarding the health and safety of customers and staff. CDL drivers should contact their examiner to confirm.
The following satellite operations are suspended through the duration of the Safer at Home order: Wittenberg, Fort Atkinson, Reedsburg, New Richmond, Abbotsford, Minocqua, Oconomowoc. Many DMV services can be completed online at wisconsindmv.gov
Check if you have any restrictions (incidents) on your vehicle record that may prevent you from obtaining a vehicle title or registration product. This service is free.
Please note that certain incidents affecting your vehicle title/registration may also affect your driving privilege. To check your driver license information to ensure that your driving privilege is valid, use DMV’s
What are incidents?
Administrative suspension for a checks returned for insufficient payment.
- BR (Bureau of Registration Suspension/Cancellation) for not returning a product that needs correction.
- IFTA/IRP suspension of apportioned vehicle registration.
- Emissions suspension for not completing and passing the emissions test requirement or for having emissions equipment that has been identified as being tampered.
- OWI transfer title stop ordered by a court or restriction for an Ignition Interlock Device.
See Drunk driving law changes.
- Safety responsibility suspension or damage judgment suspension for not having proof of insurance in a crash (additional fees required by DMV to reinstate driver license or vehicle registration).
- Unpaid parking tickets, judgments, and towing and storage fees.
To use this online system, you must enter the following:
- Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number, if available
- The last four digits of your social security number, and
- Your date of birth
If you do not know your driver license or identification card number, you will need to enter:
- Your proper name including first, last and middle initial
- Complete social security number, and
- Your date of birth
This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.