SPECIAL NOTICE of changes related to COVID-19. This notice affects the July 9, 2020 airport bid letting. All bid proposals must be submitted by mail or shipped to the following address:
WisDOT Bureau of Aeronautics
Attention: Thomas DeWinter, PE, Airport Construction Standards Chief
4822 Madison Yards Way, 5th Floor South
Madison, WI 53705
No hand deliveries will be allowed or accepted.
Restriction to USPS bid proposal submittal, and prequalification submittal (if required), is due to concerns surrounding the COVID-19 and guidance received from the Wisconsin Department of Administration and the Governors emergency order #12 Safer at Home order. Access to the DOT office building for any other mail delivery method cannot be assured.
Please review contract documents and addendums carefully for the latest timely information.
- Carefully review each airport bid advertisement to determine the correct prequalification statement submittal requirement for the specific project you are intending to bid. Submission of the proper form prior to the deadline established in the advertisement is critical. There are three (3) distinctly different types of prequalification's that may be designated for an airport project.
- The appropriate prequalification form MUST be received prior to the deadline date as stated in the bid advertisement. For Aeronautics “Short Form” prequalification’s, a fax copy (608) 267-6748 will be accepted ONLY to establish compliance with the time and date deadline. The time & date stamp on the fax will provide this evidence. However, an original signed and notarized prequalification statement is required in order to complete the processing. No approval will be issued until receipt of the original prequalification statement is received.
- Written response of the prequalification determination will be provided by the department listing the result of the determination and the expiration date of the prequalification.
Acceptance of bid
- In order to be assured your bid will be accepted and opened for a specific project; the bidder must mail or fax (608) 267-6748 the request to bid/current workload form to the DOT Bureau of Aeronautics. This form should be completed & submitted as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours prior to the bid. Once this form is approved by the Bureau, written notification will be provided to the contractor and the firm's name will be added to the anticipated bidders list.
- The workload form is to be submitted for EACH project intended to be bid. No bid will be accepted or opened from a firm without first being properly prequalified as stated above. In addition, a contract will not be awarded until the workload information is provided and approved.
- Bids will be accepted at the place and time stated in the contract documents. Bids received after the stated time will be returned unopened. NO EXCEPTIONS!
For questions regarding pre-qualifications requirements contact Tom DeWinter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 266-8073.
All qualification information will be considered confidential.